Here you’ll find links, the tournament calendar, information on junior racquetball, current and archived newsletters, awards, and a new feature, Rule of the Month. We’re especially proud of the Hall of Fame tab – check it out, and bookmark this site for quick access to all things racquetball!
Speaking of the tournament calendar, the ISRA is proud to feature all USAR-sanctioned local, national, and international tournaments. We’re glad to see there is an aggressive new calendar including new sanctioned tournaments like the Fall Brawl at Glass Court and both Landmark Peoria events – the Bob Schwab Memorial Tournament in October and the March Invitational. Many thanks to Landmark and Glass for providing our members with insurance, rankings, and supporting the sport not only on the local but also the national level.
Do your part by being a member of USA Racquetball! A $50 annual membership nets out to $4.16 per month to support the growth and development of racquetball for this and future generations. If you love your sport, pay it forward!
Did you know that four USA Racquetball rule changes go into effect on September 1, 2013?
- USA Racquetball events throughout the nation, including Open divisions, will play the two-serve game except for the U.S. National Team Qualifying divisions at National Singles and National Doubles.
- Electronic audio devices cannot be used during play unless they are to amplify the player’s hearing ability.
- Players must wear shoes and cannot play barefoot or only in socks.
- Unintentional carries are permitted and are no longer called.
What’s happening right now!
- Summerfest is upon us, and it’s looking like a weekend of hot competition topped off by a cool pool party and BBQ out on the deck. Good luck to everyone competing!
- Good luck to Illinoisans Cheryl Gudinas and Brent Huff who are traveling with other US Team members to Cali, Colombia, site of the 2013 World Games. (Google World Games: 31 sports, 4,000+ athletes, etc.). Gudinas is competing as the #3 seed in the single elimination draw of 16, and Huff is making his third trip as US Team Trainer. Cheryl Kirk will also be there, this time in the capacity of IRF Press Officer. The event begins with Opening Ceremonies on Thursday, July 25, followed by competition on Friday, Saturday and Sunday July 26-28. Check out results, photos, and blogs at www.internationalracquetball.com!
- The next ISRA Newsletter will appear here in August, featuring National Singles, RFTC Peoria, Summerfest, and the World Games.
- Have you “liked” the Illinois State Racquetball Association’s Facebook page? Yet another way to stay current on racquetball in Illinois!
Keep enjoying this great summer, and see you on the courts!
–Your ISRA Board of Directors